Back when the mayhem started in mid-March, I was sure that this would all have blown over by now. Oh how naive I was – and still am – praying that things can go back to normal sooner than later. Because the state of Maryland is still in upheaval, I thought it best to put out a statement about my plans going forward so that I will be 100% ready when Governor Hogan tells me I can begin photographing newborns again. Above all, my number one priority will remain keeping your family – and mine – SAFE! With that said, here is my response to Covid-19 and my plans to reopen my newborn studio as soon and safely as possible.
The following practices, that have always been followed since the opening of LVP, will remain the same:
- Wash and sanitize all backdrops, props and outfits immediately following each session.
- Wash hands in hot water prior to touching a newborn.
- Those who enter the studio must be in good health, free of fever, diarrhea and/or vomiting for 24 hours prior to the session.
Additionally, our home is equipped with a state of the art HVAC component consisting of a hospital grade UV light that cleanses the air of any circulating virus/bacteria.
Once Governor Hogan has opened the state of Maryland and I am able to proceed with in-studio newborn sessions, the following policies will be adopted going forward:
- Only immediate family members will be admitted to the studio.
- Mom and baby may be present for the newborn-only portion of the session. Additional immediate family members will be allowed for the family portion only.
- Shoes will be removed at the door.
- I will wear a mask during newborn posing and close proximity photography.
- Sessions will be scheduled at least 24 hours apart to allow for adequate cleaning and air purification.
- No outside props will be allowed inside the studio.
I am waiting with bated breath to be able to get back to doing what I love – photographing newborn babies and their families. It has been really, really sad knowing that I have had to miss out on documenting the precious memories of so many clients. At some point, however, we will be able to get back to it and I want there to be no confusion about my response to Covid-19 and my promise to do everything possible to ensure your baby’s safety in my studio ❤️
In the meantime, I’d like to introduce you to beautiful Ally. I met her at the hospital back in January for her Fresh 48 session and then a few weeks later she came to visit me at the studio for her posed newborn session. Her mom and dad are over the moon with love and are some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet. Just look at this beautiful baby girl 😍
Liz Viernes Photography is based in Silver Spring, Maryland, and specializes in maternity, fresh 48, posed and lifestyle newborns and first year milestone portraits.
leave a comment